This page is a work in progress. It will probably be really awesome one day! For now, someone is just getting started. If you want to contriute, jump in! And also don't forget to drop a note in Talk:Magical Assistant, so we can get a dialog going. ^_^
Magical Assistant is an idea for a card/RPG game. It is a cooperative, non-violent game, where players are magical assistants, and in different contexts are trying to help their mentor with eir work.
 Magical Research Assistant
Instead of combat, math based puzzles to assist a wizard with eir work.
Shared deck, cards are drawn publicly, and bad things happening are part of the deck. Challenges are resolved by combining spell components and resources of players.
- How do they or anyone win?
 Other Assistant versions
Besides Research, I imagine there could be:
- Magical Field Assistant - Collecting components from a dungeon, while avoiding monsters and traps.
- Magical Knight Assistant - Maintaining a fort while training as a squire.
- Magical Academy Assistant - Being a TA, trying to stop pranks while protecting students from the crazy magical world.
 Other notes
- Mana tokens, for raw energy and power. Converted into magic with spells (presumably cards).
- Adventure cards
- Treasure cards